Friday, October 25, 2013

Blog # 9

                                              #2. Red Pill or Blue Pill ?

I don't want to have a choice to pick a pill that will decide the  outcome of my life, however if I had to pick I would pick both because sometime the truth can help me in life and sometimes it can hurt really bad.If you look at the cultures around the world, many people kept the  life styles because it would be easier for society to accept us. Some people are not ready to a change their 9am to 5pm job for an adventure to go and explore the world because they are satisfied and happy the way they live. We are also afraid to know the truth or take risks thinking that it would have a negative impact in our lives and the people around us.
In the Matrix , Neo was not aware that one day his entire life would change by choosing a pill. He was told by Morphues that he was in a world where computers controlled the humans and in order to see the real world he would have to choose the "Red Pill" to know the truth about the Matrix. Neo wanted to know the truth even though he knew it could be a life and dead situation for him. Morphues stated to Neo that it would be a difficult tasks to try and convince other people living in the "Matrix" that they are being controlled by a computer because they are so use to living a certain way and follow the system, therefore they would do anything to save the "Matrix".
However, in life we have a choice to either know the truth and accept or not to know and think about it for the rest of our lives what would happen if we only knew what the truth was.
            



                                    #4 Fate or Free Will?

"Fate" a believe which a lot of people believe in and "Free Will" is a choice that we make in life to go against what we believe in my opinion. I believe that "Fate" brought my husband and I together , because we met each other in the hall way of Laguardia Community College 12 years ago and now we have a beautiful family. We both came from different parts of South America and ended up in New York in the same college.
 It was difficult for my family to accept him in the beginning because we came from two different culture and backgrounds and they were afraid that we would not understand each other. I made my choice and did not care about what anyone thought concerning my decision I made.
In the movie "Matrix" Neo had  his  "Free Will " and choose to save Morphues from the agent Smith, it was his own  decision  even though Trinity his girlfriend in the movie told him not to because he (Neo) was the One to save everyone from the "Matrix.However Neo went against her will and saved Morpheus and later became the One to save everyone from the Matrix.

No comments:

Post a Comment