Thursday, September 26, 2013

Blog # 4

        In the Book “Allegory of the Cave” Plato represent how chained prisoner discover a new world by getting out of a cave that he spend their entire life in and getting to see the beautiful world that he thought did not exists .
 In this story Plato describes a dark cave with chained prisoners, sitting on the floor looking at a wall since they were born. They only had a fire burning which made shadows on the wall and that was there World.
One day, a prisoner was set free and went out of the Cave where he discovers a new World. Because he was in a Cave his entire life the brightness of the sun affected his eyes immediately. He then discovers that the shadows on the wall are real and what he saw in the cave was just an image of the shadow. He looks around and sees  the trees, plants, and other objects around him, and then he looks up and sees the sun too. The prisoner educates himself with the new world that he discovers. He then returns to the Cave and informs the other prisoners about what he saw tells them that there is more out there beside this Cave.
The prisoners started to laugh at him and basically said he was crazy. Because in there eyes the shadows on the wall are their reality  and not just shadows.



I am returning back to LaGuardia Community college after 7 years to complete my degree  which I left half way. Coming back to college was really difficult for me because I was going to miss the special moments with my kids and husband. I sat down one day and told my I want to attend College and complete my education so that  I can get a better job and learn more about what out there has to offer me. Without any hesitation I came and registered for  classes and now I'm here trying to learn how to write and essay which  I'm really bad at. As of right now I feel like I'm out of the cave trying to open my eyes and brain to educate myself which I have been missing for a while. As for now my one of my main focus is to educate myself  and get my college degree. 

No comments:

Post a Comment